On Monday 12 October 2015, we celebrated the 1 year existence of BelConLawBlog. For this occasion, we welcomed Yves Leterme, Secretary-General of International IDEA (International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance), to give a lecture on “Challenges to democracy in the 21st century”. Pictures of the event are now online and can be viewed here. An interview with mr. Leterme will be shorty posted on the blog.Read more
In celebration of 1 year BelConLawBlog, we have the pleasure of inviting you to the guest lecture ‘Challenges to democracy in the 21st century’ by Yves Leterme, Secretary-General of IDEA (International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance). The event will take place on Monday 12 October 2015 at 7 p.m. in ‘Het Pand – Room Rector Vermeylen’ (Onderbergen 1, 9000 Gent), followed by a reception with networking opportunity.
Space is limited, so please RSVP here.
• Welcome by Prof. dr. Michel Tison, Dean of the Law Faculty
• Overview ‘1 year Belgian Constitutional Law Blog’ by drs. Jurgen Goossens and Pieter Cannoot, founding editors BelConLawBlog
• Introduction to the guest lecture by Prof. dr. Johan Vande Lanotte, professor of constitutional law
• Guest lecture ‘Challenges to democracy in the 21st century’ by Yves Leterme
• Reception - networking opportunity