In celebration of 1 year BelConLawBlog, we have the pleasure of inviting you to the guest lecture ‘Challenges to democracy in the 21st century’ by Yves Leterme, Secretary-General of IDEA (International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance). The event will take place on Monday 12 October 2015 at 7 p.m. in ‘Het Pand – Room Rector Vermeylen’ (Onderbergen 1, 9000 Gent), followed by a reception with networking opportunity.
Space is limited, so please RSVP here.
• Welcome by Prof. dr. Michel Tison, Dean of the Law Faculty
• Overview ‘1 year Belgian Constitutional Law Blog’ by drs. Jurgen Goossens and Pieter Cannoot, founding editors BelConLawBlog
• Introduction to the guest lecture by Prof. dr. Johan Vande Lanotte, professor of constitutional law
• Guest lecture ‘Challenges to democracy in the 21st century’ by Yves Leterme
• Reception – networking opportunity